Certified Radon Testing:
Montana’s Home Inspection Services Inc.
A home Radon Test is a thorough, in-depth computer diagnostic with visual examination of the structure and operating components of a home that can be portals for unsafe levels of Radon.
Radon is a radioactive gas that has been found in homes all over the United States. It comes from the natural breakdown of uranium in soil, rock, and water and gets into the air you breathe. Radon typically moves up through the ground to the air above and into your home through cracks and other holes in the foundation. Testing and Mitigation is crucial to your home and family health.
Testing for Radon
At Montana’s Home Inspection Services, we use state-of-the art Radon Testing equipment and National Standards to detect any Radon exposure threats in your home.
Radon is a gas that does not give off any smell and cannot be seen. Premium electrical detection equipment operated by a professional is the safest way to detect Radon vulnerabilities in your home.
Mitigating high levels of Radon varies with the source of a Radon emission in a home. We can help mitigate Radon problems that occur with foundation areas, crawl spaces, windows, water heaters and wells, showers and plumbing.
How Does Radon Enter the Home and cause Unsafe Levels of Radon?
- Soil and Bedrock: Radon gas escapes from bedrock fissures and gradually finds its way to the surface through loose soil where it eventually comes into contact with home foundations and crawlspaces.
- Windows and Foundation: A common entry point for Radon gas, that has been found to present problems.
- Water Heaters and Wells: Radon gas can get into well water lines and make its way into the home water heaters, distributing the gas through the home.
- Showers and Plumbing: An entry point for Radon gas in the home.
Other Services Offered
- Home Inspection
- Lead Based Paint Testing
- Water Quality Analysis
- Individual Component Inspections
- Repair and Maintenance Inspections